❶ Been a huge fan of your site since it first went up. Noticed you mentioned wanting to increase return visits and lengthen visitor sessions.
❷ Here are a few strategies:
- Members only bonus area: You offer a lot of high value bonuses. There doesn't seem to be a way for existing members to receive them right now. You can consider creating a members only bonus area where existing subscribers can download your latest bonuses.
This would boost return visits to your site and you can consider expanding it in the future (to include forums, etc.) to grow your community on a platform you 100% control. .
- An exit intent popup that displays different offers or content depending on the behavior of the visitor. For example, if the visitor only stayed on your page for >5 seconds, you can show 2-3 pieces of your best content upon exit intent to entice them into browsing further.
If they are a repeat visitor but have not subscribed, you can ask them if they would like to receive notifications only when you publish new content.
❸A little background about me: I build growth engines for startups - recently strategized and built RoyalSee's pre-launch campaign: [link]. They received 10K signups in 2 weeks.
❹Let me know what you think!
❷ Present your ideas / strategies, explaining the results they deliver for the prospect.
❸ Mention a relevant past project you did and the results it achieved to showcase your skills.
❹ End your email by asking what they think of your ideas / strategies. If they are intrigued by what you can create / do for them, most of them ask for more details on their own.
❶ I'm a huge fan of ProProductivity. Especially enjoyed your article about finding reasons to reach out to inspiring and influential people instead of just hoping you can run into them at events.
❷ Here's a few unique ebook topics you can turn into high converting lead magnets:
- Break down the most effective productivity systems into actionable steps (Pomodoro Technique, Getting Things Down)
- Compile the most frequently featured mindsets in productivity and self-improvement books (for example: power of subconsciousness and positive thinking) and provide exercises to apply them
❸ I found these ebooks also come in handy for sales follow ups. If a prospect hasn't responded to a second or third followup, you can simply share one of your ebooks most relevant to their business goals to provide value and to reengage them.
Let me know what you think!
❷ Provide a few high quality topics they can write about to either gain a lot of leads or visitors.
❸ Provide an additional tip about how you leveraged a written resource in the past.
❶ Found a link to your portfolio on Reddit - you're crafty one with words! As a fellow freelancer (myself in web design), I know how tough it can sometimes to answer compellingly "Why choose me and not the other guy?"
I had a look at your portfolio website - find attached an updated mockup.
❷ Some of the new elements I added to prompt visitors into action:
- A topbar that moves with the page so your Work with Me button is always a click away. Make it as frictionless to contact you as possible.
- More powerful testimonials in the action -> result framework with pictures of the client. A lot of your existing testimonials are vague. I would recommend asking a few of these clients if could provide a few extra lines. Something that explains how your work helped them achieved a certain result.
[mockup of how it'd look like]
For example, you rewrote a landing page for one of them and this boosted their conversions by X%. Adding a client picture also lends more credibility - hey this is a real person speaking!
[mockup of how it'd look like]
Compelling header image - Goal is create an certain impression in the first 3 seconds to pique your visitors' curiosity to keep their finger on the scroll wheel. Here's a few high quality stock sites I use:
Love to know what you think.
❷ Provide suggestions with visual examples of how they're supposed to look. The benefits are doublefold. It makes it much easier for them to understand your advice and it shows you put a lot of effort into helping them.
Success story: 10 repeat customers by offering initially free, now low-cost website reviewsBy initially offering free, now low-cost ($10) thorough website reviews, Anthony Malloc was able to get 10 repeat customers for web design projects. The key part of converting samplers into customers? Simply by shooting them a follow up email mentioning "I would love to work with you again". The same reason why a lot of services offer a free trial period, by letting a potential customer see if you have the skills in a free or low-cost way, you eliminate their risk so they are much more likely to give you a shot. Once they do and see that your work is great, some of them will end up hiring you!
❶ Congrats on launching MyMoneyManager! Definitely a surging demand for a budget tool that automates a lot of the repetitive tasks required to track how much is going in and out. Auto sorting purchases into custom categories? Sweet!
I noticed you were asking earlier on InBound.org for site critiques.
❷ I've been copywriting for 5 years - find attached a video review of your copy.
Some major points you can apply right now:
- Add a call to action button above the fold (I suggested a few good ones in my video)
- Dedicated pages for industries you most often serve (from your portfolio, this seems to be tech startups and ecommerce companies)
Hope this helps!
❷ Videos where you explain how you experience someone's site as you navigate through it is much more useful than simply explaining your reactions in words after the fact.
❸ Prospective clients are much more likely to see the value of your services if they can apply your advice for quick wins right away.
❶ I was looking for something to surprise my girlfriend - really enjoy your use of cascading hops and nontraditional bouquet flourishes to make a special gift that much more special.
Found you through a friend's referral. I Googled you to find your website - saw you're breaking into the second page of Google ranks.
[screenshot of their Google rank]
❷ Noticed you're using your company name as your page title. However, if I was just starting my search for a florist without knowing you, I'd probably enter something like "florist Santa Monica" instead.
So if you had "Florist Santa Monica CA" in your title, you would come up a lot higher in search results when buyers nearby are actively seeking your services. Many of your competitors are already using some variation of "Florist Santa Monica CA" so to draw attention to yourself, let's add an extra edge.
❸ Your same day flower delivery offer definitely caught my eye. And would be a smash hit among procrastinators who have that "uh oh" moment when they check their calendars.
Put all together, here's a new title to climb up on Google:
Santa Monica Florist | Same Day Flower Delivery by Belle Jour
Let me know if you have any questions!
❷ Educate them in a storytelling way about what they can do differently to rank higher.
❸ Give away one useful change they can apply right now to get results.